At the break of the new day, once again runners will show ultimate endurance from the second the gun shots at 5:30 on 9 June 2019.
Three important words for us at E3 is commitment, dedication and loyalty.
These three words are exactly what got you in the springboard awaiting gunshot to run towards the end.
Preparation in all areas contributes to success and to reach your final goal when runners get crowned with a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal around your neck.
Even though the Comrades Marathon is run in the middle of winter in South Africa, Durban is tropical. Comrades runners do not only endure physical strain but must also endure weather conditions like extreme heat and humidity. It’s daunting running a race that is approximately 87 km when everything about it is familiar. It’s terrifying when you don’t really have a clue what you’re getting yourself into. It can also get very hot and humid which adds to the discomfort.
There are a couple of things, depending on where you live, that you can do to prepare yourself for the heat and humidity on race day.
- If you’re fortunate enough to have parts of your day that are warm, you can do a couple of runs per week when it is extremely hot. You don’t want to do it every training session because running in the heat also takes a lot of energy and takes time to recover.
- If you live somewhere where it is particularly cold, then chances are you are going to be doing a bit of training on a treadmill anyway so heat up the room that you are training in.
- The key to running in less than perfect weather conditions is not to fight it. Don’t spend more energy than you need to, try to run as normal as possible.
- It is also important to know that your body will also absorb fluids differently when it is very hot versus when it is very cold. You may or may need more fluids when it is very hot as opposed to when it is very cold.
- Keep your body temperature down by keeping yourself wet the whole day.
- Take every opportunity you can to put ice on your skin. It is really your skin temperature that you want to control.
Make sure you wear the best possible gear tested to enhance your performance in heat.
The bottom line is that the human body is remarkably adaptable to heat. Its ability to adapt to high temperatures is faster and more dramatic than its ability to adjust to any other environmental stress that nature can throw at us, such as altitude or cold, says Lawrence Armstrong, a heat researcher at the University of Connecticut.
The Comrades marathon are surely the long-distance Jewel on the South-African road running calendar. This road leads you to E3.
Is it wise to wear Jewellery while running?
Yes! E3 is the answer.
E3 Silicone rings are strong, durable and stylish – just like you.
They are a non-conductive, heat resistant, durable and SAFE
We have had feedback from some of the athletes and they enjoy wearing their E3 ring while running to keep their commitment visible during running the jewel of South Africa. Not only does our rings show commitment but is also a fashion trend.
E3 Life now offers customization on all the E3 rings. Your ring, your style. Whether it’s a logo or name, you choose what you would like on your ring. Surely your sponsor will appreciate you wearing their name on your finger Now there’s an even better reason to run the Jewel of Africa wearing E3 jewellery.